Sunday, April 22, 2007

coming back from vacations always sucks..

Since nothing interesting happened lately in Canadian Politics other than the May-Dion thing, I figured I would give a personal update on what I have been up to of late.

I went to Greece last Sunday and had a wicked time. I flew into Athens, and spent a day and a half being a dorky tourist, seeing the Acropolis, the different Agoras and some other monuments. It was nice because I didn't have to pay to access these sites because I'm a student. I think its a good idea to give free entry to stuff for students since it encourages more to go, and it helps us out when we are cash-strapped, and most of us are cash-strapped.

Day 3, my buddy Luke joined me in Athens and we took a Hydrofoil to the the island of Hydra, one of those lovely islands that looks like a postcard, but really doesn't have much else to do other than walk and walk and walk. The weather was gorgeous and I actually got a bit sunburned. That day, I had the most expensive, and also the crappiest meal I had the entire trip. That nite, after sailing back to Piraeus (the port of Athens), I ended up with wicked food poisoning, something that can only be described as a horrendous experience.

Day 4, Luke and I hired a car and went on a Greek road trip, something made complicated because the only map we could find was in Greek and once you leave Athens, none of the road signs are in English (of course why would they be, it is Greece after all?). Needless to say it was a bit of an adventure getting to Delphi and just when we thought we were lost, we managed to find where we were going. The views were truly fantastic.

To sum, up, Greece is now in my top few places I have visited, mind you I have enjoyed all my trips so far. Also, the only reason I wanted to write this entry is to make you all jealous, mind you returning to grey, rainy England, after a week, in the sun sure did suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment